Walking School Bus01 Jan 2015
The concept of a walking school bus is fairly simple. Kids and a few parents walk together as a group to school each day. The benefits?
- Greater visibility of a group adds safety
- Parents get to know other families attending the neighborhood school
- Building community
- Getting a bit of exercise
- Fun social time before school
- Minds awake and ready to learn
- Reduced number of vehicles in a school zone
Convinced or curious to learn more? Send me an e-mail and I can connect you with parents that are already doing this.